Free 2-part cybersecurity webinar available from CUNA, Foundation
CUNA and the National Credit Union Foundation have created a two-part complimentary webinar series to provide stakeholders with some of the most pressing trends, best practices, resources and preventative steps to combat and mitigate cybersecurity threats at credit unions.
In 2018, the Foundation received a cy pres award from a credit union data breach security lawsuit in 2018 (Winsouth v. Mapco). The Foundation is collaborating with CUNA and using this money to develop and provide practical resources and tips to help educate credit unions about information security.
Part 1 and Part 2 can each be taken as individual webinars or take both to maximize learning. In this Part 1 webinar, cybersecurity experts will guide you through practical tips and resources available for preventing and responding to data breaches.
The webinar will explore:
- The current threat environment, i.e., the types of cyber-attacks that have been directed at credit unions
- Best practices for developing an effective cybersecurity program
- How to avoid common mistakes that institutions make when implementing cybersecurity programs
- Helpful resources for cyber-preparedness and response
- Data Security Webinar: A practical guide for data breach prevention and response: