2020 Wegner Award nominations due July 26
The deadline is approaching for credit union supporters to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation. Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on Feb. 24, 2020 in conjunction with the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
“We are once again looking for individuals and organizations who have gone above and beyond to embody the mission and vision of the Foundation,’” said Gigi Hyland, executive director at the Foundation. “It’s important that we continue to celebrate and honor those in our movement who have dedicated themselves to improving the financial lives of others, serving as shining examples of the credit union difference.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, July 26 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the Foundation website.
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 26.