Saller, McLean named to America’s CU Museum board
America’s Credit Union Museum (ACUM) announced the appointment of Nathan Saller and Ron McLean to its Board of Directors.
“We are thrilled to welcome Nathan and Ron to our board,” said Stephanie Smith, executive director of America’s Credit Union Museum. “Nathan and Ron will add great depth and service to the leadership we have represented on our board.
“Nathan has worked closely with the museum for many years as chairman of our marketing committee and was instrumental in guiding the marketing of our recently completed, and highly successful Legacy Campaign, which raised over $3 million for renovations and expansion to the museum,” she added. “Ron offers a valuable perspective from the vantage point as president of the first credit union trade group ever formed in the United States, the Cooperative Credit Union Association (CCUA). Such a position allows Ron to understand the rich heritage of some of the oldest credit unions and trade groups in the country. I look forward to working with both Nathan and Ron.”
Saller is the president/COO of Bellwether Community CU, Manchester, N.H., and has been named the successor to current president/CEO, Michael L'Ecuyer. Saller will transition to CEO when long-time leader L'Ecuyer retires Oct. 1.
Regarding his appointment to the Museum board, Saller said: “America’s Credit Union Museum occupies a unique role in the Credit Union Movement. It’s here that we are reminded of the values and principles upon which credit unions were founded – that of people helping people. I’m pleased to continue my involvement with the Museum as a director.”
McLean was appointed as the new president/CEO of the CCUA this spring. Prior to the CCUA, he most recently served as senior vice president and chief engagement officer of the New York Credit Union Association.
“It’s an honor to be on the Board of America’s Credit Union Museum,” McLean states. “Preserving and bringing to life the proud history of credit unions is vital. It also inspires the credit union community to live up to the ideals and founding principles that still guide us today.”
With the appointment of Saller and McLean, America’s Credit Union Museum’s board consists of thirteen members, including:
- Paul Gentile, president/CEO, Merck Employees FCU;
- Ronald H. Covey, Jr., president/CEO, St. Mary's Bank CU;
- Mike L'Ecuyer, CEO, Bellwether Community CU;
- Chuck Fagan, president, PSCU;
- Shawn Gilfedder, president/CEO, Kitsap CU;
- Peter J. Lemire, Esq., Lemire Family Representative;
- Lois Kitsch, CU Difference;
- Todd Mason, president/CEO, Maine Credit Union League/Synergent;
- Ron McLean, president/CEO, Cooperative Credit Union Association;
- Jim Nussle, president/CEO, CUNA;
- Michael Ray, CEO, Georgetown FCU;
- Nathan Saller, president, Bellwether Community CU;
- Bob Trunzo, president/CEO, CUNA Mutual Group.