CUAC welcomes 4 new members, all members CUNA-affiliated
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) announced Thursday the appointment of members to its advisory groups, including the Credit Union Advisory Council. All four new members, and the remaining members, are CUNA-affiliated credit unions.
The CUAC advises and consults with the CFPB on consumer financial issues related to credit unions.
Members of the CUAC are (new members in bold):
- Chair: Sean Cahill, president/CEO, TrueSky CU, Oklahoma City, Okla.;
- Arlene Babwah, vice president, risk management, Coastal FCU, Raleigh, N.C.;
- Teresa Campbell, president/CEO, San Diego County CU, San Diego, Calif.;
- Rick Durante, vice president, director of corporate social responsibility and government affairs, Franklin Mint FCU, Chadds Ford, Penn.;
- Doe Gregersen, vice president and general counsel, Landmark CU, New Berlin, Wis.;
- Brian Holst, general counsel, Elevations CU, Boulder, Colo.;
- Racardo McLaughlin, vice president of mortgage originations/operations, TwinStar CU, Lacey, Wash.; and
- Rick Schmidt, president/CEO, WestStar CU, Las Vegas, Nev.
CUNA strongly supports the existence of the CUAC and supports legislation to codify its existence. The CFPB announced changes to the CUAC’s charter and extended members' terms in March, a decision that came after multiple meetings between CUNA, Leagues and credit unions with CFPB staff urging the bureau to preserve the CUAC and extend members’ terms in order to provide stability.