PODCAST: Award-winning technology & operations
2019 CUNA Tech/OME Conference features the best in security, technology, and more.
The co-located 2019 CUNA Technology Council and Operations & Member Experience Council Conferences in Chicago featured many highlights, including a preconference Security Summit and high-level sessions for technology and operations leaders.
Nearly 100 technology leaders took part in the 6th annual Security Summit, where much of the discussion centered on internal controls, access management, effective reporting, security breaches, and securing applications in the cloud.
Plus, the event featured multiple award-winning efforts to improve sales and service, recognize staff, enhance digital services, and more.
This episode of the CUNA News Podcast features discussions with:
- Mark Reed, senior vice president, technology, for American Airlines Credit Union
- Bill Podborny, chief information systems officer, Alliant Credit Union.
- Tom Lea, vice president, information technology
- Pete Sedgwick, chief information officer, Deere Employees Credit Union.
- Shay Gilstrap, vice president of human resources at One Detroit Credit Union.
- Tyler Dowd, director of member relations for BCU.
- Ryan Brooks, director of digital lending WSECU.
- Donald Blair Elzinga, senior software developer at OCCU.
In this episode:
1:15: How the Security Summit started
2:30: Internal controls
4:21: Access management
8:44: Shay Gilstrap on One Detroit Credit Union’s ROOT Awards
11:17: Tyler Dowd on BCU’s call center in Puerto Rico
13:45: Ryan Brooks discusses WSECU’s digital lending efforts
15:38: Technology Professional of the Year Donald Blair Elzinga