2020 Maxwell, Herring, Desjardins National Award winners announced
CUNA National Awards Committee announced the 2020 recipients of the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award, the Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award, and the Desjardins Awards for Financial Education. The awards, which are given in several credit union asset sizes, were selected among the winning entries at a league level.
“We are proud to honor the 2020 CUNA Award recipients for the exceptional member services they provide to their members on a daily basis,” said CUNA president/CEO Jim Nussle. “Their commitment to the credit union philosophy of people helping people is an active demonstration of our cooperative superpowers at work.”
The Dora Maxwell Award is presented to credit unions for outstanding social responsibility projects in their communities. First-place winners for the Dora Maxwell Award include:
- Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union (Evansville, Ind.)
- NuMark Credit Union (Joliet, IL)
- Reading Chapter (Reading, PA)
- Riverfork Federal Credit Union (Grand Forks, ND)
- Rock Valley Credit Union (Loves Park, IL)
The Louise Herring Award is given to a credit union demonstrating the internal application of credit union philosophy to help better financial matters and increase financial education for its members. First-place winners for the Louise Herring Award include:
- BECU (Tukwila, WA)
- Carolina Foothills Federal Credit Union (Spartanburg, SC)
- Kirtland Federal Credit Union (Albuquerque, NM)
- Members Credit Union (Cos Cob, CT)
The Desjardins Awards honor credit unions, chapters and leagues for their commitment to both youth and adult financial literacy.
First-place winners for the Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award include:
- Delta Schools Federal Credit Union (Antioch, CA)
- CORE Federal Credit Union (East Syracuse, NY)
- Atomic Credit Union, Inc. (Piketon, OH)
- Vystar Credit Union (Jacksonville, FL)
First-place winners for the Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award include:
- Financial Health Federal Credit Union (Indianapolis, IN)
- Alternatives Federal Credit Union (Ithaca, NY)
- Harvard University Employees Credit Union (Cambridge, MA)
- Patelco Credit Union (Pleasanton, CA)
The Maine Credit Union League also received a First-Place Desjardins award for their efforts to improve financial literacy for both youth and adults.
Winning credit unions will be recognized at CUNA’s 2020 Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC), February 23 – 27, in Washington, D.C.