PODCAST: Insights from the 2019 CUNA Lending Council Conference
Event attendees share their lending vision.
This CUNA News Podcast features highlights from the 25th annual CUNA Lending Council Conference in New Orleans.
Roundtable participants discuss lending’s past, its future, and both the challenges and positive outcomes taking place today.
Among the guests are:
- Bill Vogeney, chief revenue officer, Ent Credit Union, Colorado Springs, Colo., and recipient of the CUNA Lending Council’s 2019 Phil Greer Lifetime Achievement Award.
- John Listak, manager, lending systems, Alliant Credit Union, Chicago, and recipient of the CUNA Lending Council’s Rising Star Award.
- Fawn Terwilliger, senior vice president and chief lending officer, Service Credit Union, Portsmouth, N.H.
- Bruce Taylor, vice president of consumer lending, Collins Community Credit Union, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Tracy Ashfield, president, Ashfield Associates.
- Dan Picard, vice president of consumer lending and collections, Hanscom Federal Credit Union, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
- Steve Quigley, vice president of business development, GreenState Credit Union, North Liberty, Iowa.
The CUNA Lending Council provides participants with opportunities to share ideas, celebrate success and find solutions to common challenges. This podcast provides a glimpse of that insight, with ideas various events and participants from the conference.
In this episode:
1:50: Fawn Terwilliger and Bruce Taylor talk about the future of lending and what makes them proud about their credit unions.
5:50: John Listak discusses how he led the implementation the loan origination system at Alliant Credit Union.
9:36: Tracy Ashfield looks at top issues from the mortgage roundtable at the conference.
12:04: Dan Picard and Steve Quigley discuss the top issues addressed at the consumer lending roundtable.
16:10: The recipient of the CUNA Lending Council’s 2019 Phil Greer Lifetime Achievement Award, Bill Vogeney, reflects on a successful career and projects what the future of lending will look like.