Gov’t funding, MDI hearing on Congressional agenda this week
Congress is expected to consider legislation this week to fund the federal government past Nov. 21, when funding is set to expire. CUNA will also be engaged with several hearings in both chambers this week.
The House is expected to consider funding legislation first, which is expected to be a continuing resolution to fund the government through Dec. 20.
The House will also consider several bills under the suspension of the rules, including:
- Reforming Disaster Recovery Act of 2019 (H.R. 3702);
- Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act of 2019 (H.R. 4300);
- Improving Corporate Governance through Diversity Act of 2019 (H.R. 5084);
- Investor Protection and Capital Markets Fairness Act (H.R. 4344); and
- Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2019 (H.R. 4634).
Other hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Banking Committee markup of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (S. 28778) and hearing to consider several nominations;
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services subcommittee on consumer protection and financial institutions hearing, “An Examination of Regulators’ Efforts to Preserve and Promote Minority Depository Institutions;”
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Task Force on Financial Technology hearing, “Banking on Your Data: the Role of Big Data in Financial Services.”