CUNA engaged with committee markup of financial bills this week
The House Financial Services Committee is scheduled to mark up a series of bills starting Tuesday at 10 a.m. (ET). The mark up will be streamed live on the committee’s website.
CUNA supports the Self-Employed Mortgage Access Act (H.R. 2445), which would expand homeownership opportunities for self-employed consumers by allowing financial institutions to rely on standards other than Appendix Q to verify a consumer’s income.
Other bills scheduled to be marked up include:
- Cybersecurity Disclosure Act of 2019 (H.R. 1731);
- Private Loan Disability Discharge Act of 2019 (H.R. 4545);
- Fair Student Loan Debt Collection Practices Act (H.R. 5287);
- Student Borrowers Protections Act (H.R. 5294);
- Protecting Your Credit Score Act of 2019 (H.R. 5332);
- Consumer Protections for Medical Debt Collections Act (H.R. 5330);
- Ensuring Diversity in Community Banking Act of 2019 (H.R. 5322); and
- Expanding Opportunities for Minority Depository Institutions (MDIs) Act (H.R. 5315).