CUNA engaged with administration budget, cybersecurity hearings
Both chambers of Congress are in session this week and CUNA will engage with several hearings related to the administration’s 2021 budget, monetary policy and cybersecurity, among others. Complete details can be found on CUNA’s Removing Barriers Blog.
The Senate is expected to consider judicial nominations, and the House is expected to consider an environmental bill and a House resolution on the equal rights amendment.
Hearings CUNA will be engaged on include:
- Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. (ET): Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing, “What States, Locals and the Business Community Should Know and Do: A Roadmap for Effective Cybersecurity;”
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Budget Committee hearing, “The President’s Fiscal Year 2021 Budget;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Banking Committee hearing, “The Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to Congress;”
- Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. (ET): Senate Finance Committee hearing, “The President’s Fiscal Year 2021 Budget;” and
- Wednesday, 2 p.m. (ET): House Financial Services Task Force of Artificial Intelligence hearing, “Equitable Algorithms: Examining Ways to Reduce AI Bias in Financial Services.”