Leagues work to support CUs during pandemic from all angles
Credit unions have been supported during the pandemic by both collective and individual work of state leagues and associations across the county, American Association of Credit Union Leagues Executive Director Brad Miller wrote in CUInsight Friday.
“This type of powerful action by leagues is happening nationwide and exemplifies the cooperative nature of our industry. It’s what we do together that sets us apart and I’m extremely proud to say the leadership and work of credit union leagues across the country have shown we are truly stronger together, particularly when members need us most.”
Miller highlighted a wide range of AACUL and League efforts during the pandemic, including
- The launch of the CUNA/AACUL COVID-19 Response Center
- League presidents and other leaders appearing on local television, radio or newspapers talking about the work credit unions are doing in response to the pandemic;
- Organizing virtual roundtables to share best practices, experiences and other information;
- State credit union foundations working to support their communities; and
- Coordinating calls and webinars with local, state and federal regulators, agencies and lawmakers; and
- Working with regulators and other officials to receive guidance, clarification and authorization related to the Paycheck Protection Program
“These examples and countless others are all very visible ways of how leagues are working to support your credit union,” Miller wrote.