2021 Wegner Award Nominations Now Open, due July 24
Nominations are now open for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards. The National Credit Union Foundation turns to the credit union movement for help in nominating individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented at its annual fundraising gala.
“The last thing you might be thinking about right now is celebrating," said Gigi Hyland, Executive Director at the Foundation. "And yet…through this pandemic, credit union leaders have stepped up, leveraged their cooperative principles and values and are finding ways to bolster and sustain their employees’, members’ and communities’ financial well-being. Living and breathing the credit union difference during crisis is definitely worth celebrating. We can’t wait to be with you (in person!) next March to honor exemplary leaders of our movement.”
Each year, the Foundation selects and presents the highest awards in the credit union movement during the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, DC. The 33rd annual Foundation Dinner is scheduled to take place Monday, March 1, 2021
The nomination packet is available here.
Nominations are due Friday, July 24 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form.
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 24.