CU DEI Collective seeks nominations
Group strives for diversity, equity, and inclusion within the movement.
The CU Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Collective is currently seeking nominations for six governing body seats. Seats range from one- to three-year terms.
The expanding group works to further DEI, a shared cooperative principle. The group believes that DEI is good business and is fundamental to a vibrant, relevant, and growing credit union movement. Founding members of the CU DEI Collective include national credit union system organizations and service providers committed to the movement’s cooperative principles.
“We are looking forward to having diverse voices and perspectives within the governing body of this nascent group,” says Victor Miguel Corro, chairman of the CU DEI Collective. “The fundamental mission of credit unions is to provide access to financial services to all by being relentlessly inclusive. The CU DEI Collective needs to grow and establish itself based upon that motivation.”
The DEI Collective's governing body consists of 21 members. The following seats are up for nomination:
- Diversity-centric organization: One seat with three-year term.
- Other trade/professional associations: One seat with three-year term.
- Credit unions: Two seats with one-year terms.
- At-large: Two seats with one-year terms.
DEI Collective seats are currently occupied by the following founding organizations:
- Coopera/AMC: Victor Miguel Corro
- African American Credit Union Coalition: Renée Sattiewhite
- American Association of Credit Union Leagues/State League System: Sue McCue
- Credit Union National Association: Samira Salem
- CUNA Mutual Group: Angela Russell
- Inclusiv: Pablo DeFilippi
- National Credit Union Administration: Monica Davy
- National Association of Latino Credit Unions & Professionals: María Martínez
- World Council of Credit Unions: Lena Giakoumopoulos
- Humanidei: Jill Nowacki
- Filene Research Institute: Taylor Nelms
- PSCU: Lynn Heckler
- CO-OP Financial Services: Robyn Dennis
- Your Credit Union Partner: Alison Carr
- The National Credit Union Foundation: Gigi Hyland
To obtain the declaration of interest document needed to apply, email email@example.com. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on November 2, 2020.