Additional CUNA Board nomination received, deadline is Nov. 6
CUNA has confirmed receipt of one additional nomination for its Board elections. Nominations are now being accepted for eight open director positions on CUNA’s Board of Directors. The deadline for nominations and seconds is Nov. 6. In contested elections, voting will begin Nov. 12 and close Dec. 16. Nomination information can be found on CUNA's website.
John Dwyer, president/CEO, New England FCU, Vermont (District 1, Class B), is the latest confirmed nomination.
He joins the previously confirmed nominations of:
- Eileen Danahey, CEO, St. Anne’s CU, Mass. (District 1, Class B)
- Rhonda D. Hotard, president/CEO of Louisiana FCU, La. (District 3, Class A)
- Chad Miller, president/CEO of Southwest Louisiana CU, La. (District 3, Class A)
- Ron Smith, president/CEO/Chief Security Officer, Enbright CU, Tenn. (District 3, Class A)
- Patrick Pierce, president/CEO, City & County CU, Minn. (District 4, Class B);
- Maria J. Martinez, president/CEO, Border FCU, Texas (District 5, Class A);
Each credit union nominee must be an employee or a voting board member of the nominating credit union, with the nomination seconded in writing by at least two other credit unions from the same class and, for Class A and B, district.
Directors elected will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA's Annual General Meeting, to be held virtually on March 2, 2021, during CUNA’s Governmental Affairs Conference.
Nominees to be elected by leagues must be a league chief executive officer and be nominated in writing by that league, with the nomination seconded in writing by at least one other league.
Two Class A and two Class B positions are up for election as follows:
- District 1, Class B: Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands;
- District 3, Class A: Credit unions with less than 38,000 members in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee;
- District 4, Class B: Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin;
- District 5, Class A: Credit unions with less than 38,000 members in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming
Two Class C and two Class D positions are also up for election.
Elections for Class C (credit unions having more than 141,000 natural-person members) and Class D (leagues) will be conducted at-large nationwide, rather than by district.
To view the current CUNA Board of Directors, click 2020 CUNA Board of Directors.