Three elected to CUNA Board by acclamation, 4 elections contested
The nomination period for the CUNA Board of Directors expired Nov. 6. Three incumbents have been elected to the CUNA Board by acclamation, and there are four contested elections.
Directors elected will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA's Annual General Meeting on March 2, 2021, during CUNA’s virtual Governmental Affairs Conference.
The three elected incumbents are:
- Maria J. Martinez, President/CEO, Border FCU, Texas (District 5, Class A: Credit unions with less than 38,000 members in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming)
- Tom Kane, CEO, Illinois CU System, Ill. (Class D: Leagues, elected at-large nationwide)
- Fred Robinson, President and CEO, Tennessee CU League, Tenn. (Class D: Leagues, elected at-large nationwide)
Ballots will be sent to eligible credit unions on November 12; voting will continue through December 16. Contested elections (and candidates) are:
- District 1, Class B (Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands):
- Eileen Danahey, CEO, St. Anne’s CU, Mass.
- John Dwyer, President & CEO, New England FCU, Vt.
- Amey Sgrignoli, President & CEO, Belco Community Credit Union, Pa.
- District 3, Class A (Credit unions with less than 38,000 members in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee):
- Thomas Flowers, CEO, Calhoun Liberty Employees CU, Fla.
- Rhonda D. Hotard, President/CEO, Louisiana FCU, La.
- Patrick Mason, President/CEO, SUN Credit Union, Fla.
- Chad Miller, President/CEO, Southwest Louisiana CU, La.
- Ron Smith, President/CEO/Chief Security Officer, Enbright CU, Ten.
- Suzanne Weinstein, President & CEO, Orlando CU, Fla.
- District 4, Class B (Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin):
- Alan Meyer, president & CEO, 1st MidAmerica CU, Ill.
- Patrick Pierce, president/CEO, City & County CU, Minn.
- Stefanie Rupert, president and CEO, Collins Community CU, Iowa
- Class C – two positions open (Credit unions having more than 141,000 natural-person members, elected at-large nationwide):
- Lisa Ginter, CEO, CommunityAmerica CU, Mo.
- Jose Lara, COO, SchoolsFirst FCU, Calif.
- Paul Marsh, president/CEO, Teachers CU, Ind.