CUNA Announces New Appointments to Board of Directors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 21, 2020
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) announced election results for its Board of Directors Executive Committee. The newly elected directors will take office following the CUNA Annual General Meeting, which will be held virtually during the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) on March 2.
“We are pleased to welcome these credit union leaders to the CUNA board, and we value the wealth of knowledge and experience that they bring to the association,” said CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle. “They are joining CUNA at a critical time for the credit union movement as we help our communities recover from the economic effects of the coronavirus pandemic. "
The following individuals have been elected:
- District 1, Class B (Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands):
- Amey R. Sgrignoli, Belco Community CU, Pa.
- District 3, Class A (Credit unions with less than 38,000 members in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee):
- Ron Smith, Enbright CU, Tenn.
- District 4, Class B (Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin):
- Patrick Pierce, City & County CU, Minn.
- Class C (2 positions) (Credit unions having more than 141,000 natural-person members, elected at-large nationwide):
- Lisa Ginter, CommunityAmerica CU, Kan.
- Paul A. Marsh, Teachers CU, Ind.
Last month, the following individuals were elected by acclamation to the CUNA Board:
- District 5, Class A (Credit unions with less than 38,000 members in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming):
- Maria Martinez, Border FCU, Texas
- Class D (Leagues, elected at-large nationwide):
- Tom Kane, Illinois CU System
- Fred Robinson, Tennessee CU League
Each CUNA Board member will serve a three-year term. The new CUNA Board Chairman will be announced during the 2021 CUNA GAC.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America’s credit unions, which are owned by 120 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org. To find your nearest credit union, visit YourMoneyFurther.com.