New CUNA eSchool offers supervisory committee expertise and certification opportunity
The new CUNA Certified Credit Union Supervisory Committee Member eSchool (recorded) provides a convenient and affordable way to learn credit union supervisory committee roles and responsibilities. Those who successfully complete the sessions and exams will earn their Certified Credit Union Supervisory Committee designation (CCUSC).
“This new certification eSchool is perfect for new members on committees, or those who never got proper training,” said Kienan Shaw, instructional design manager, CUNA. “David Reed, Tim Harrington and Sue Landauer will guide attendees through the financials, regulations, audit practices and more.”
The eSchool includes these core topics:
- Supervisory Committee 101 – Basic Duties
- Supervisory Committee: Center of the External Audit Universe
- Understanding the Credit Union’s Financial Condition and Trends
- Steps to Being an Effective and Contributing Supervisory Committee
- Internal Controls
- Internal Audit Duties: 8 Fraud Risks and Controls
- IT Audits and Cybersecurity
- Knowledge into Action
The eSchool sessions are recorded, so they can be watched at any time that is convenient for the enrollee.
For more information, visit cuna.org/ccusceschool.