COVID recovery, Fed testimony hearings scheduled this week
Both chambers of Congress are in session this week, and both are expected to consider the $1.9 trillion COVID relief legislation through the budget reconciliation process. The House Budget Committee will mark up its legislation starting Monday.
Hearings this week include nominations of Adewale O. Adeyemo to be deputy secretary of the Treasury; Neera Tanden to be director of the Office of Management and Budget; and Isabella Guzman to be administrator of the Small Business Administration.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Banking Committee hearing, “The Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to Congress;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Monetary Policy and the State and the Economy;”
- Wednesday. 10 a.m. (ET): The House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing, “Legislative Proposals to Put the Postal Service on Sustainable Financial Footing;”
- Wednesday, 3 p.m. (ET): House Financial Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations hearing, “How Discrimination Works and Hurts: An Examination of Lending Discrimination and its Long-term Economic Impacts on Borrowers of Color;”
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m. (ET): Senate Banking Committee hearing, “The Coronavirus Crisis: Next Steps for Rebuilding Main Street.”
A full list of hearings of interest to credit unions this week can be found on CUNA’s Removing Barriers Blog.