Pandemic hearings, consideration of PPP extension this week
Both chambers of Congress are in Washington, D.C. this week, with the House scheduled for a committee work week. CUNA will be engaged with multiple hearings, including on several related to pandemic policies and relief.
The Senate is expected to consider the House-passed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Extension Act of 2021 (H.R. 1799), which would extend the PPP through June 30. It is currently scheduled to expire March 31.
Hearings this week include:
- Tuesday 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on Samantha Power to be Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development;
- Tuesday noon (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Oversight of the Treasury Department's and Federal Reserve's Pandemic Response;”
- Wednesday 10 a.m. (ET), Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs hearing, “The Quarterly CARES Act Report to Congress;”
- Wednesday noon (ET):, House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance hearing, “Preserving a Lifeline: Examining Public Housing in a Pandemic;” and
- Wednesday 2:30 p.m. (ET), Senate Small Business Committee hearing: “Oversight of SBA’s COVID-19 Relief Programs.”