Webinar helps large credit unions prepare for supervisory changes
CUNA and Ballard Spahr LLP will present a webinar for credit unions anticipating crossing the threshold of $10 billion in assets, and along with that threshold, falling under the jurisdiction of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) supervision. The free event will be held April 8 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. (ET).
“As credit unions grow, the challenges change,” said Jared Ihrig, chief compliance officer and counsel at CUNA. “The stages of growth require different considerations and a potential realignment of strategy.”
The webinar, “The $10 Billion Threshold: Preparing for CFPB Supervision,” will feature five speakers:
- Christopher J. Willis, co-practice leader, Consumer Financial Services Group, Ballard Spahr
- John L. Culhane, Jr., partner, Consumer Financial Services Group, Ballard Spahr
- Jennifer Aguilar, associate, Consumer Financial Services Group, Ballard Spahr
- Jared Ihrig, chief compliance officer & counsel, CUNA
- Alexander Monterrubio, senior director, advocacy & counsel, CUNA
Credit union CEOs, compliance officers and counsel will learn key steps institutions can take to prepare for the transition, including an overview of CFPB examination expectations, the importance of documenting your processes and actionable takeaways credit unions and other financial institutions can employ today.
Registration is available online here.