CUNA proceeding with two CUNA Board special elections
The nominations period for two special elections for the CUNA Board has passed.
Electronic ballots will be sent to credit unions in District 6, Class B, and Class C, nationwide, on April 23. Results will be available – and candidates will officially take office – on May 14.
CUNA has confirmed the following nominations:
District 6, Class B
- Geri LaChance, President/CEO, SESLOC FCU, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Nader Moghaddam, President/CEO, Financial Partners CU, Downey, Calif.
- Seth Schaefer, President/CEO, Rivermark Community CU, Beaverton, Ore.
Class C (elected nationwide)
- Jose Lara, Chief Operating Officer, SchoolsFirst FCU, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Debbie Smith, President/CEO, Georgia United Credit Union, Atlanta, Ga.
District 6 is comprised of the following: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, American Samoa, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll and Wake Atoll. Class B credit unions are those having at least 38,000 but not more than 141,000 natural person members.
Class C credit unions are elected at-large nationwide and are those having at least 141,000 natural person members.