House appropriations votes, interest rate cap hearing scheduled this week
The House is expected to consider multiple FY22 appropriations bills this week. CUNA will also be engaged with multiple hearings on both sides of the hill.
H.R. 4502 contains the Labor Health and Human Services, Education, Agriculture, Rural Development, Energy and Water Development, Financial Services and General Government, Interior, Environment, Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Acts.
The House is also expected to consider: the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act; Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act; and Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act
Other hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET: Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee hearing, “Cryptocurrencies: What are they good for?”
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET: Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, “America Under Cyber Siege: Preventing and Responding to Ransomware Attacks.”
- Tuesday, 3 p.m. ET: Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Subcommittee on Economic Policy hearing, “Protecting Student Loan Borrowers and the Economy in Upcoming Transitions.”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. ET: Senate Finance Committee hearing, “Building on Bipartisan Retirement Legislation: How Can Congress Help?”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. ET: House Financial Services Committee markup of pending legislation.
- Thursday, 10 a.m. ET: Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee hearing, “Protecting Americans from Debt Traps by Extending the Military's 36% Interest Rate Cap to Everyone."