Monday at GAC 2022
Day 2 includes Kevin Carroll, Ryan Donovan advocacy update.
The first full day of the 2022 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) begins with 7 a.m. check-in leading into the opening general session with Kevin Carroll.
Attendees of the fireside chat, which is sponsored by CO-OP Financial Services and will run from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. ET, will hear Carroll discuss the power of play and what drives people.
After spending time in the Air Force, as a Philadelphia 76ers trainer, and at Nike, Carroll earned the nickname of "Katalyst." He eventually started The Katalyst Consultancy, dedicating his life to advancing sports and play as a vehicle for social change.
CUNA Chief Advocacy Officer Ryan Donovan will give an advocacy update from 1 to 2:45 p.m. Donovan will cover the advocacy wins of 2021, CUNA’s current advocacy agenda, the unique political environment leading up to November’s midterm elections, and bills and issues of interest to the credit union movement.
The first group of breakout sessions, which will run from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m., includes:
- Supercharge Your Credit Union's Mission: Increase Membership Growth & Advance the Communities You Serve
- The Real Real on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Capitol Hill Update: An Insider's View of Congress & How it Works
- What’s New on the Litigation Front?
- Unifying Data for Connected Experiences (Presented by PSCU)
- Top Issues in Key Management Areas (Presented by CUNA Councils)
The National Credit Union Foundation Dinner presenting the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards will be held at 5:30 p.m. in the Marquis Ballroom at the Marriott Marquis Hotel.
►Visit CUNA News for more conference coverage. Get live updates on Twitter via @CUNA_News, @cumagazine, @cuna, and #CUNAGAC. Follow the conference on Facebook and Instagram and visit cuna.org/gac for more information.