ICYMI: Memorable moments from #MBDCouncil Conference
Marketing, business development professionals discuss state of industry.
The 2022 CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference in Los Angeles allowed credit union marketing and business development professionals to come together for the first time since 2019 to network and discuss industry changes, new technologies, and how to attract and retain members.
Some highlights from the event:
- Netflix executive Nikkia Reveillac shared the benefits of egoless leadership.
- Google’s Sam Maule told attendees that surviving the digital revolution requires a focus on understanding yourself and your members.
- Chris Otey of CU 2.0 discussed the importance of credit unions embracing digital transformation by partnering with fintechs.
- A panel of CEOs gave conference attendees tips for climbing the corporate ladder.
- Gafford Communications’ Khalilah Elliott talked about demystifying diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and letting everybody see themselves in marketers’ work.
- Author James H. Gimore shared his belief that experiences are a fourth genre of economic output.
- Photo galleries from Wednesday and Thursday in Los Angeles.
- Michigan State University Federal Credit Union leaders discussed their in-house innovation lab.
- Kohler Credit Union’s Katie Rammer and On Tap Credit Union’s Janelle Herrera shared tips for social media execution.
- Canvas Credit Union’s Chris Stengle discussed how being the “good guy” and improving financial well-being boosts the bottom line.
- A leadership panel shared leadership lessons and the importance of networking.
- Conference attendees gave back by donating art supply-filled backpacks to a Los Angeles-based nonprofit.
The 2023 CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference will take place next March in Orlando.