Virtual event to share realities of CUs, members on ground in Ukraine
As the Russian invasion of Ukraine continues to inflict needless suffering, death and destruction, credit unions in both conflict and non-conflict zones are still striving to serve their members and communities.
The World Council of Credit Unions and Regional Credit Union Center (RCUC) for Central and Eastern Europe will host a joint virtual event May 10 to share information about the realities on the ground that credit unions and their members in Ukraine are facing. It will start at 9 a.m. ET May 10, and registration is open now.
The event will also focus on how World Council, Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions and the National Association of Cooperative Savings and Credit Unions (Poland), and its credit unions, employees and members are providing humanitarian support in the short-term, and how they plan to help in the recovery and rebuilding process for Ukrainian credit unions and their members in the long-term.
This 90-minute virtual event will feature presentations from:
- Ewa Sierzysnka, chief of party, World Council/USAID Credit for Agriculture Producers’ (CAP) Project
- Andrew Price, senior vice president of advocacy and general counsel, World Council
- Mike Reuter, executive director, Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions
- Pawel Pelc, coordinator, Regional Credit Union Center
- Piotr Palka, head of Compliance and Legal Counsel, NACSCU (Poland)