House ‘minibus’ vote, FHFA oversight hearing this week
The House and Senate are in Washington D.C., this week. The House is expected to vote on a “minibus” appropriations package containing six bills, including the FY23 Financial Services and General Government (FSGG) bill.
CUNA wrote in support of several funding levels in the committee passed FSGG bill, including for Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund and NCUA’s Community Development Revolving Loan Fund.
Other meetings CUNA is engaged in include:
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET : House Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets hearing: “Oversight of the SEC's Division of Enforcement.”
- Tuesday, 2:30 p.m. ET : Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee hearing: "Fairness in Financial Services: Racism and Discrimination in Banking."
- Tuesday, 2:30 p.m. ET : Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee Subcommittee On Housing, Transportation, And Community Development hearing: "Opportunities and Challenges in Addressing Homelessness.”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. ET: Senate Finance Committee hearing: "The Role of Tax Incentives in Affordable Housing."
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. ET : House Committee on Financial Services hearing: “Housing in America: Oversight of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.”
- Thursday, 10 a.m. ET : Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee hearing: "Priced Out: The State of Housing in America."