ACUM announces 2022 'Herstory' Hall of Fame honorees
America’s Credit Union Museum (ACUM) announced the inductees of its newest exhibit, “Credit Union Women Making History: Herstory”, which highlights a range of credit union women and their achievements in the credit union industry. Set on honoring the past, present and future of incredible women making history, “Herstory” will be an interactive exhibit showcasing women’s stories never heard before.
“Herstory was created as a lasting legacy of women whose contributions have propelled the movement forward for generations.” said Stephanie Smith, Executive Director at ACUM “We’re excited to honor these women and celebrate their inspirational leadership and their commitment to positive change for credit unions.”
The new exhibit will premiere at ACUM’s 20th Anniversary celebration on Thursday, September 29th 2022, beginning at 11:00am. In addition to a physical display at the museum, the exhibit will have an online presence that shares stories through virtual visits. During this celebration twenty women of the credit union industry will be formally inducted.
The 2022 Inductees are:
- Sarah Canepa Bang, Senior Advisor, National Credit Union Administration
- Diana Dykstra, President/CEO, California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues
- Roshara Holub, President (retired), Missouri CU Association, Naples, FL
- Gigi Hyland, Executive Director, National Credit Union Foundation, Washington, DC
- Lucy Ito, Interim CEO, Orange County’s Credit Union, Santa Ana, CA
- Lois Kitsch, Founder, CU Difference, Kissimmee, FL
- Harriet May, President/CEO (retired), GECU, El Paso TX
- Maria Martinez, President/CEO, Border Federal Credit Union, Del Rio, TX
- Susan Mitchell, President/CEO, Mitchell Stankovic & Associates, Boulder City, NV
- Lily Newfarmer, President/CEO, Tarrant County’s Credit Union, Ft. Worth, TX
- Renee Sattiewhite, President/CEO, African American CU Coalition, Snellville, GA
- Carol Schillios, Founder, Schillios Consulting, Edmonds, WA
- Denise Wymore, Head of Marketing, QCash Financial, Olympia, WA
In addition, ACUM will recognize a number of inductees posthumously, including Agnes Gartland, Elizabeth “Sis” Hamilton, Louise Herring, Dora Maxwell, Angela Melville, Rose Nevener, and Miriam Rivera Lieb.
For more information on the Herstory exhibit and event, visit www.acumuseum.org/herstory.html