Indiana League board elects first African American chair, all woman officers
The Indiana Credit Union League announced its newly elected board and a new director last week. The new board consists of all women in officer positions and its first African American chairwoman.
“This is noteworthy leadership for our state,” said Indiana League President John McKenzie. “Karen Madry is the first African American chair of the Indiana League, and this is the first time all four board officer positions have been held by females at the same time.”
“Having women and women of color in leadership roles matters. We celebrate this historic election. Congratulations to the Indiana League, Karen Madry, the new Chairwoman, and the officers,” said Samira Salem, CUNA’s vice president of DEI.
Last year, Madry served as Vice Chair, Nina Baker was Board Secretary and Cari Palmer was Treasurer.
Brett Rinker was elected to a three-year term, attending his first board meeting on Oct. 14.
2022-2023 Indiana League board members:
- Chairwoman: Karen Madry, Afena Federal Credit Union
- Vice Chair: Nina Baker, ProFed Federal Credit Union
- Board Secretary: Cari Palmer, Energy Plus Credit Union
- Treasurer: Amy Sink, Interra Credit Union
- Director: Jill Banning, REGIONAL Federal Credit Union
- Director: Andy Mattingly, FORUM Credit Union
- Director: Bryan Price, Indiana University Credit Union
- Director: Brett Rinker, Thrive Federal Credit Union
- Director: Kevin Sparks, Crane Credit Union