Nominations closed for CUNA board election
The nomination period for the CUNA Board of Directors election has expired. For the contested election, ballots will be sent to Class C members on Nov. 10; balloting will continue through Dec. 15.
All voting members will have the option to cast their ballot electronically or via USPS. The two individuals with the highest number of votes will be declared elected and will take office February 27, 2023.
One final nomination was received and verified prior to the deadline:
- Class C: Michael Massey, President TDECU Holdings, TDECU, Bellaire, TX
The following individuals have been elected to the CUNA Board by acclamation:
- District 1, Class A: Lori Herrick, President/CEO, Manchester Municipal FCU, Manchester, Conn.
- District 2, Class B: Amy Sink, CEO, Interra CU, Goshen, Ind.
- District 4, Class A: Patrick Drennen, CEO, 1st Gateway CU, Camanche, Iowa
- District 6, Class B: Nader Moghaddam, CEO, Financial Partners CU, Downey, Calif.
- Class D: Charles Elliott, President/CEO, Mississippi CU Association, Jackson, Miss.
- Class D: Scott F. Simpson, President/CEO, Utah CU Association, Salt Lake City, Utah
There will be one contested election, in Class C. Three candidates have been nominated for two positions:
- Brian Best, President/CEO, GTE Financial CU, Tampa, Fla.
- Dayatra (“Day”) T. Matthews, Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel, Local Government FCU, Raleigh, N.C.
- Michael Massey, President TDECU Holdings, TDECU, Bellaire, Texas
Districts/Classes are defined as follows:
- District 1, Class A: Credit unions having less than 57,000 members in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands;
- District 2, Class B: Credit unions having at least 57,000 but not more than 204,000 members in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia;
- District 4, Class A: Credit unions having less than 57,000 members in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North akota, South Dakota and Wisconsin;
- District 6, Class B: Credit unions with at least 57,000 and not more than 204,000 members in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, American Samoa, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll and Wake Atoll;
- Class C: Credit unions having at least 204,000 members, elected at-large nationwide;
- Class D: League Presidents, elected at-large nationwide.