ICYMI: 2022 Salute to Veterans
Annual campaign gives voice to military members and their causes.
November 20, 2022
The annual campaign features insights from current and past members of the U.S. Navy, Army, and Marine Corps. Credit unions also shared how they serve local military members, veterans, and their families.
Some highlights from the campaign:
- Navy Federal Credit Union Business Solutions Manager Larry Perino learned empathy, humility from a military career that included a firefight.
- The U.S. Navy taught Pen Air Credit Union Vice President of Marketing Pam Hatt the value of perseverance.
- Frontwave Credit Union President/CEO Bill Birnie discovered in the Marine Corps that a work ethic builds leadership.
- TDECU President/CEO Isaac Johnson, a two-star major general, continues to balance credit union work with his 35-year career in the U.S. Army Reserve.
- 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union Andrew Balzer took advantage of every opportunity during his 13-year career with the U.S. Navy.
- The U.S. Marine Corps showed Frontwave Credit Union Vice President of Community Development Chip Dykes the value of hard work and developing a marketable skills.
- Employee resource groups connect veterans at VyStar Credit Union and the Credit Union Association of New Mexico.
- Black Hills Federal Credit Union donates to build Veterans Community Project Village in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- GCS Credit Union President/CEO Keith Burton joined veterans on an honor flight to Washington, D.C., after the credit union’s 2022 Tee Up Fore Veterans golf tournament raised money for Greater St. Louis Honor Flight and Got Your Six PTSD Support Dogs.
- Skyward Credit Union, Pine Bluff (Ark.) Cotton Belt Federal Credit Union, Minnco Credit Union, and Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union demonstrate many ways to serve the military community.
- LISTEN: The “Learning from the military” episode of the CUNA News Podcast allowed six veterans to share how they were shaped by their military service.
- LISTEN: Black Hills Federal Credit Union, GCS Credit Union, and VyStar Credit Union discussed how they support their local military community in the “Serving the military community” episode of the CUNA News Podcast.