12 elected to Iowa league board
DUBUQUE, Iowa (10/14/14)--Credit union representatives from throughout the state of Iowa were sworn in as Iowa Credit Union League board members last month during the league's annual convention in Dubuque.
Dave Cale, president/CEO, Financial Plus CU, West Des Moines, with $121 million in assets, was elected as board chair for 2014. Brent Helin, president/CEO, Des Moines Metro CU, with $49 million assets, will serve as vice chair.
League President/CEO Patrick S. Jury commended those who were elected for stepping up to serve the credit union movement in the state. The 12-member board represents Iowa's 107 credit unions and their more than 1 million members.
"We sincerely appreciate their willingness to lead our trade association, and the entire credit union industry, in fulfilling our long-term strategic vision," Jury said. "I look forward to working with them in the future."
The full league board is listed below.
Under $25 million in assets:
- Janine Keim, president/CEO, Consumers CU, Denison, with $5.4 million in assets;
- Jonathan Miller, president/CEO, IntegrUS CU, Dubuque, with $19.5 million in assets; and
- Dennis Siemers, president/CEO, Town & Country CU, Harlan, with $17 million in assets.
$25 million-$125 million in assets:
- Tim Chapman, president/CEO, Members Community CU, Muscatine, with $51 million in assets;
- Jeff Hayes, president/CEO, North Star Community CU, Cherokee, with $79 million in assets;
- Helen Pearce, president/CEO, Cedar Falls Community CU, with $96 million in assets; and
- Tim Marcsisak, president/CEO, Nishna Valley CU, Atlantic, with $29 million in assets.
More than $125 million in assets:
- Jim Hagerman, president/CEO, Linn Area CU, Cedar Rapids, with $317 million in assets;
- Joe Hearn, president/CEO, Dupaco Community CU, Dubuque, with $1.2 billion in assets; and
- Dale Owen, president/CEO, Ascentra CU, Bettendorf, with $342 million in assets.
Cale and Helin fall under the at-large category.