CUNA and the leagues release report of legislative and regulatory activities conducted on CUs' behalf.
CUNA, with its network of 44 state and regional leagues, represents more than 6,000 of America’s credit unions as its members.
The following is a summary of your “Membership@Work”—the important actions funded by your investment in credit union leagues and CUNA.
• Legislative advocacy, such as protecting the credit union tax status, testifying before Congress, and working to expand member business lending regulations;
• Regulatory relief efforts, such as raising credit union concerns with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rules related to remittances and mortgage lending;
• Regulatory advocacy to push back onerous legislation and to monitor other regulatory activities;
• State issues advocacy, such as participating in national meetings of state legislators along with state leagues; and
• Political advocacy, which involves building a solid foundation of credit union friends in Congress, with one important thing in common: support of credit unions.