Tool Kit Provides a Blueprint for Success
Infuse Unite for Good best practices into your CU’s organizational DNA.
The Unite for Good campaign has propelled the movement toward achieving its shared strategic vision: Americans choose credit unions as their best financial partner.
Since CUNA launched the initiative last year, thousands of credit unions have taken actions that fulfill its three principles: removing barriers, creating awareness, and fostering service excellence.
How can your credit union kick-start or enhance its participation in Unite for Good?
Recognizing the need for a unified, uniform effort, CUNA and the state leagues developed a tool kit that enables credit unions to infuse Unite for Good best practices into their organizational DNA.
This resource, available at uniteforgood.org, contains:
- Action checklists and implementation ideas. The checklists outline more than 30 specific actions your credit union can take to fulfill the vision, including: naming a point person to handle advocacy and publicity efforts; advice on meeting with regulators and legislators; and guidance on creating member-friendly onboarding programs, competitive products, and valuable services.
The integrated lists provide a holistic framework for best positioning and maximizing your personnel and resources, along with links to reference materials that’ll help your credit union carry out those ideas.
The website also provides action steps tailored for employees in marketing, compliance, leadership, and operations, as well as an action outline for volunteers.
- State member benefit cards. Consumers saved $6.1 billion last year—that’s $121 per household nationally—by using credit unions instead of banks, thanks to credit unions’ lower loan rates, higher yields on savings, and fewer and lower fees.
Drive home this point locally with printable cards that display the total and average savings for consumers in your state, including an estimate of the benefits reaped by high product-use households.
Drill down even further by accessing CUNA’s Benefits of Membership report, which costs $200 for credit unions with assets greater than $50 million, and $100 for credit unions with assets less than $50 million.
The report compares your credit union’s current loan rates, dividends, and fees to those of other financial institutions in your area.
- Logos and graphics. Promote the shared strategic vision with full-color table tents and palm cards, and a benchmarking graphic that documents progress toward the 10-year goals.
- A vision presentation and talking points. Credit unions have an opportunity to capitalize on consumers’ cultural shift toward values-based organizations.
This slideshow explains which ideals and ethics consumers want their primary financial partner to represent and practice, and how to present collaborative banking in a manner that appeals to lawmakers’ sensibilities and goals.
- Unite for Good video. The message springs to life in a video you can embed on your website and circulate through social media.
These resources promote a vision based on our shared values: collaboration, a focus on members, community involvement, and a dedication to financial well-being.
Use them to design or improve upon your credit union’s effort to help the credit union movement Unite for Good.