Cost-Free Employee Engagement Ideas
The buzz in the business world lately is employee engagement.
The buzz in the business world lately is employee engagement. The concept: Happy employees equal more productive employees.
For some credit unions, this means offering upgraded wellness programs, performance rewards, or other new benefits or incentives that come with costs.
Yet, achieving genuine happiness in your office doesn’t have to be costly, according to Fast Company.
Here are six ways to engage your employees for free:
- Give them ownership over projects. Let employees develop pride in their work.
- Show them they’re part of the bigger picture. Set clear goals and give employees purpose.
- Offer new challenges and growth opportunities. Boredom is a pathway to disengagement.
- Don’t expect perfection. Mistakes happen, so offer advice, lend a hand, and coach supportively.
- Be open to ideas and complaints. Don’t make your employees talk into the wind. Set up real platforms to gather suggestions.
- Hire to bolster your team. Think about how potential new employees will collaborate with your existing team members. You want them to count on each other.