GAC: 12 CU advocates added to CU House Hall of Leaders
WASHINGTON (3/12/15)--Twelve credit union leaders have been added to the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders in recognition of their commitment to the movement and their significant impact at the local, state or national level.
Gary Janacek, president/CEO, Scott and White Employees CU, left, was one of 12 honorees welcomed into the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders by Dick Ensweiler, Credit Union House chair and Cornerstone Credit Union League CEO. (Credit Union House Photo)
Members of the Hall of Leaders are exceptional individuals who have dedicated their lives to perpetuating the credit union mission and philosophy. To date, more than 100 credit union advocates have been inducted.
The 2015 inductees are:
- teven Ahlness, former president/CEO, Greater Minnesota CU, Mora, Minn.;
- Eric Bruen, CEO, Desert Valleys FCU, Ridgecrest, Calif.;
- Gary Janacek, president/CEO, Scott and White Employees CU, Temple, Texas;
- Mary Johnson, president/CEO, Omaha (Neb.) Police FCU;
- Dan Kester, president/CEO, Sooper CU, Arvada, Colo.;
- Carol Luebke, vice president of board relations, Cornerstone Credit Union League;
- Dennis Pierce, CEO, CommunityAmerica CU, Lenexa, Kan.;
- William Raker, president/CEO, US FCU, Burnsville, Minn.;
- Richard Rice, former CEO, Teachers CU, South Bend, Ind.;
- Joe Schroeder, president/CEO, Ventura (Calif.) County CU;
- Larry Scott, former president/CEO, Campus USA CU, Gainesville, Fla.; and
- Richard Vega, board chair, Greater Alliance FCU, Paramus, N.J.
Credit Union House is a permanent presence for credit unions on Capitol Hill. Nearly 3,600 political figures, business leaders, government officials and credit union advocates from across the country visited the center last year.