Member benefits many with LSC prepaid card: Conn. CU
NAPERVILLE, Ill. (3/18/15)--Connecticut State Employees CU has selected the LSC's Everyday Spend reloadable debit card program to serve its membership.
LSC is a subsidiary of the Illinois Credit Union League and a CUNA Strategic Services strategic alliance provider.
While trying to identify a replacement for its previous reloadable card, which was discontinued, the credit union's top priority was to find a card appropriately priced for its members, according to CEO Dan Daigle. It soon became evident that Everyday Spend, part of the CUMONEY suite of prepaid products from LSC, was the best fit for Connecticut State Employees CU and its members, Daigle said.
"We liked the fact that members will be allowed to fund the card themselves via the Internet, so right from the start, that is an excellent new member benefit," said Daigle. "The card also offers Visa's zero-liability coverage for card-related fraud."
Connecticut State Employees CU has traditionally offered prepaid debit because members feel their money is secure using this product. "That's why we got into it from the beginning, and with the switch, our members' sense of security will be seamless," continued Daigle. "Prepaid also presents a nice budgeting tool for the member."
Daigle added that a large consideration in choosing Everyday Spend was because LSC was a credit union service organization.
Other attributes of Everyday Spend include:
- Carries the Visa logo;
- upports the Plus and Pulse networks;
- Can be used at an ATM to withdraw cash and at merchants that accept PIN-based point-of-sale transactions;
- No inventory of cards at the credit union;
- Cardholder's name is embossed on cards;
- tandard card design carries the CUMONEY logo;
- Branded cards carry the credit union logo; and
- Value can be added to the card at the credit union, through the CUMONEY website, at any ReadyLink location or via the auto-fund feature.