NCUF reminds of July 31 Wegner award nomination deadline
MADISON, Wis. (7/10/14)--July 31 is the deadline to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards presented by the National Credit Union Foundation.
Winners will be honored at NCUF's annual awards dinner on March 9 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association's Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.
"Don't delay to nominate the finest individuals and organizations or programs for what are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement," said Danielle Brown, NCUF director of development and donor relations.
The nominations are being accepted for:
- The Individual Achievement Award honors an unsung hero for their innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that are ongoing and current contributions to the credit union community for their work within the past three to five years. Accomplishments must have had a significant impact or a potential impact on the local or national or international credit union movement with measured results. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement such as financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts or product and services that have had a significant impact on the local or national or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has dedicated their life to promoting the credit union philosophy, created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local or national or international credit union movement.
Nominations can come from individuals or organizations. To make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the NCUF website. Use the link.
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee's achievements relevant to the award criteria
- end the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by July 31.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Danielle Brown at email@example.com or 608-556-2406.