Rep. Hensarling names HFSC subcommittee chairs
WASHINGTON (11/21/14)--Subcommittee chairs for the House Financial Service Committee were announced Thursday by committee chair Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas). This will be Hensarling's second term as chair of the committee after taking the position in January 2013.
The subcommittee chairmen for the 114th Congress will be:
- Rep. Scott Garrett (R-N.J.), capital markets and government-sponsored enterprises subcommittee;
- Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas), financial institutions and consumer credit subcommittee;
- Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-Mo.), housing and insurance subcommittee;
- Rep. Bill Huizenga (R-Mich.), monetary policy and trade subcommittee; and
- Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.), oversight and investigations subcommittee.
Hensarling said in a statement that he looks forward to passing laws to help grow the economy while "promoting sensible solutions that help create jobs and hold both Washington and Wall Street accountable to the American people."
The remainder of the committee leadership team will be announced at a later date.