Utah CUs raise awareness with #LifeHappens social media campaign
SALT LAKE CITY (11/6/14)--The Utah Credit Union Association is leading a social media awareness initiative that provides examples of how credit unions serve their members in times of financial need.
The initiative, called #LifeHappens, is the latest phase of the association's "The Difference You" http://thedifferenceyou.org/awareness campaign.
#LifeHappens encompasses the idea that Utah credit unions are more than just financial institutions; they part of their communities.
"They are there for members when life happens," Scott Simpson, league president/CEO, told News Now.
State credit unions asked members to share instances in which "life happened" and their credit unions provided financial guidance and assistance.
The campaign received almost 80 comments as of Wednesday afternoon.
Among the examples provided by members:
- "I've been a lifelong member of an awesome credit union. As #lifehappens, I've been able to benefit from amazing auto-loan rates from credit unions;"
- "We were able to get a small loan to consolidate some debt and a few of the mounting medical bills when we had three kids with four different broken bones in six months;"
- "Our credit union provided a series of free financial classes for members;"
- "They helped a single mom get into her first home;"
- "They helped me take care of my mom's affairs after she passed away;" and
- "They helped us refinance almost every loan."
The league will give away $25 gift cards to four randomly selected credit union members who submitted #LifeHappens examples.